Thursday, March 14, 2013

Painting

Mr. Wheels loves to paint. Today I just pulled out a marker and made a 3x3 grid on the paper at the easel. He picked the color he wanted to use I wrote the word in a square and he painted it. He didn't didn't always stay in the lines, but that is OK. He knows his colors pretty well because of an IPad app that I found: Shapes Toddler Preschool. He can also learn his letters, numbers, and shapes. The shapes portion is free, but you can add colors, numbers, and letters for about $0.99.

At first my goal for this activity was to keep him busy while his sister did her school work, but I realized this was a good activity for a lot of reasons. He was developing his fine motor skills, decision making, word differentiation, wow lots of cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment