Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Days Of the Week

Every other day we do some music time. During that time we listen to about 5 to 6 songs that go with what we are learning. There is always at least 2 songs from the the We Sing Around The World because Kit is studying world cultures this year. Mr. Wheels has his songs too and this week we have the days of the week. He is not old enough to sing the words but he dances around with us and is getting exposure to the words. The reason I picked the days of the week for him is because Kit is learning Spanish and I have a days of the week songs for her. We listen to them in both English and then Spanish. I had the Twin Sisters Spanish CD for a while and it has come in handy this year. I decided that I would print out the words for the days of the week. We would put them on the floor while we step/dance on them as sing the song. This would help her remember them better. I also decided that she could use them to match them so she could learn them better. I have a great time during music time and I hope it will be remembered as a memorable home school time.


No comments:

Post a Comment