Friday, February 8, 2013

Today's Alter

I have been struggling with the idea that I need to do everything right with my kids. I intellectually know that it not possible, but when the day to day things come along I work hard to be and do all things perfect. I also expect my kids to act, dress, and be good all the time. I know I can't do this but I don't want to settle for mediocrity.
I was at church last week and I saw a kid taking up the offering. His hair was a mess and he was acting a bit silly (as all kids do). When he got back to the pew his dad told him good job. I loved it. He needs to feel good about helping. I realized that I need to be more unconditional. The kids went up to children story and Mr. Wheels was driving his car and not listening. I was up front and I felt that lots of people were watching. I wanted him to sit and listen. I took what I learned from what I saw earlier, I let him drive his car. He is only 2 years old and he was not disrupting. He does not need to make me look like a good mom. We then prayed when it was over. Mr. Wheels said amen at the end so some could here. At that moment I prayed, "please Lord help me not take the glory for that. " Then a little voice in my head said, "Then you can't take the blame." I almost felt like crying. Later I made the picture that is posted here. I made it my wallpaper for my phone, because I knew that I would need to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment