Monday, April 15, 2019

Week 27

Today everyone gave their presentation for their Geometry project. I was beaming with pride over what took place here today. Everyone seemed comfortable and knowledgeable up front (I don’t know how the were inside, but on the outside they seemed comfortable). The presentations were not confined to just one person speaking, there was dialogue on each of the topics. I was impressed with the questions, interaction, and participations by everyone. My goal was for each student to pick a topic that was interesting and teach the class about it. All the participants gain something out of this. I hope that all came away with the idea that Geometry is all around us. What they have been learning this year is not confined to a piece of paper, but it is all around them.  I videoed each of the presentations. I will be sending you a link soon so you can download and watch the presentation.

This weeks assignments are very different. They have to study for their formula madness quiz next week. We will be taking one in class. The video for it is already on my blog. In Unit 11 we will be studying solid figures. I am having them build 8 solid figures for their homework this week. I have instructed them to write their name and the name of the solid one each solid. Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment